Renewable energy is a cross-cutting investment sector for MicroDahab as products in this category are financed through our sector-specific portfolios in Agribusiness, livestock etc.;
- Solar-powered water pumps (Agriculture portfolio)
- Solar-powered fridge/freezers (Milk / Fisheries portfolio)
- Village lighting
(Urban poor portfolio)
Women and Youth Support
- Women in the Somali Corridors are still hugely unbanked or more under-banked than men. Women dominate the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSE) in Somaliland/Somalia and play an important role in the economy.
- MicroDahab has enabled the Somali women to develop/strengthen income-generating activities. They have lower defaults rates compared to their male counterparts.
- The youth are the most energetic and innovative people. Who come up with ideas that is going to be the change of the nation and they are among one of the ways to eradicate poverty for their creativity is amazing.
- The youth that have been helped so far have shown tremendous growth in their lives and have made the community a better place by increasing their economy.
- The youth always pays back the money the loans on time.